Sensational Tempeh Burrito
This is the best Burrito ever. I can eat it every evening (and do) changing the stuffings every night depending on what's in my fridge.
- 1 TBSP EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 habanero (choose how much you can handle) Optional
- a handful kale or collard greens, de-stemmed thinly sliced
- 3 oz tempeh, crumbled
- ⅓ cup unsalted cooked beans (black, red, adzuki) (in a can)
- ⅓ cup broccoli chopped in small pieces
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 TBSP fresh cilantro for topping
- 1 TBSP red cabbage, thinly sliced Keep raw for topping
- 1 burrito tortilla (flour or corn)
- warm up the oil in a wok or pan at medium heat and add the cumin and smoked paprika. When the aroma's are released, add the garlic, habanero and sauteed for a minute, then add the crumbled tempeh and cook until golden (reduce heat if necessary).
- Add the greens, broccoli and cook until the leafy greens and broccoli become bright green and "relaxed", al dente.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add the cooked beans and keep cooking until they're warm.
- In another pan, warm the burrito tortilla following package instructions
- In a plate, place the stuffing in the middle of the burrito, top with fresh cilantro and raw cabbage and roll it up
- Enjoy immediately or freeze.