1 cup kasha
2 cups water
pinch of sea salt
2 cups butternut squash
2 red beets
1/4 cup toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
1Tbs Bragg Liquid Aminos
a few basil leaves
- Pre-heat over at 400 degrees F
- Cut butternut squash in medium sized cubes.
- Slice beets thinly.
- Bake in a Tbs of olive oil for 30 minutes (or until soft).
- Rinse kasha under running water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Slowly add kasha and pinch of sea salt.
- Cover and let simmer 20 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
- Roast sunflower or pumpkin seeds into a large pan until golden (they will start to pop).
- Mix all ingredients in a plate, season with Bragg Amino Acid and sprinkle with fresh chopped basil.
- Serve warm.
You can reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes by pre-cooking the kasha ahead of time (it keeps well for 4 days in the fridge) and by cutting the butternut squash and beets in smaller pieces prior to baking or you can pan fried them in 10 minutes.